Sunday 28 February 2010

Thing 12 - You Tube

I have been using YouTube at home for a couple of years, chiefly to watch the exploits of Simon's Cat and to search for old TV programmes - usually to settle some silly bet about theme tunes of seventies cop shows. Using it to find work-related content was a new experience. Imagine my excitement when I found a short film by Shawne Miksa introducing her presentation on RDA (Resource Description and Access) at the forthcoming RDA Executive Briefing in March (I'll be there!). I was also pleased to find the Library of Congress channel which contains lots of archive material as well as contemporary stuff. Our own British Library is also represented on YouTube, but no sign of a channel for the Bodleian Libraries yet.
Since it's late on Sunday evening I feel justified in including a link to a clip from one of my favourite TV shows - The Mighty Boosh. Check out the Bouncy Bouncy Crimp. It's impossible to explain - you'll just have to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment