Thursday 25 March 2010

Thing 19: Google Docs


I have to admit Google Docs is pretty good. The only problem I came across was with a template that was not found when I tried to use it. I tried the new Upload feature and was easily able to upload a PDF file from my laptop's hard drive.

I created a form (see above) and publicised it via Twitter and four people filled it in (thanks to all). What I have not been able to do is incorporate the form into this blog. I'm hoping someone will read this post and tell me how it's done (Penny? Laura?).

And finally ... the new version of Firefox just downloaded comes with a choice of backgrounds (I think they call them profiles). I have chosen "Two Birds" and you can just see them in the top right corner of the screen shot above. I think my choice must have been influence by all the tweeting ... even the real-life birds in Moreton are giving it their all these spring mornings.

2 comments:

  1. I also took advantage of the Firefox update to choose a pretty background - I have a little hedgehog peeping at me :)

    To embed the form, click on 'more actions' in the top of the screen where you make the form and then choose 'embed'. It'll give you a bit of code that you can copy and paste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Jane said :) Also, if when you look at the form, it's too big, go into the html editor and change the numbers for 'height' and 'width'. As long as you leave the rest of the punctuation and code intact, you can specify what size you want. I just kept changing and previewing until it was the right size.

    I have a theme that gives Firefox Chrome-style tabs and a stripped down look, but I do like the birdies!

    ReplyDelete