Friday 26 March 2010

Thing 20: ThinkFree Office - it works!


Before I wrote this post about ThinkFree Office I read a few other posts on Thing 20 from 23 Things Oxford participants - which did not fill me with confidence!
Undaunted, I went ahead and followed the instructions and was able to use ThinkFree Write without any major problems. I did find it rather slow, but I guess that's just my network connection (thanks, BT). Perhaps the offline mode would be quicker.
What struck me most was its similarity in appearance to MS Word 2003. Is there no copyright on the design of the Microsoft sofware? Or does Microsoft not care now that Office 2007 has updated the look of Word quite radically?
I uploaded a Word file to ThinkFree Write with no problems, and I would definitely consider using this software if I had not spent a few bob at the OUCS Shop a couple of months ago on MS Office 2007 (which I am growing rather fond of).



No comments:

Post a Comment