Tuesday 30 March 2010

Thing 22: Adding the MyDelicious gadget to iGoogle

I had already added a gadget for Delicious bookmarks to my iGoogle page, but I think I made a bad choice because it did not seem to have an option to display my bookmarks, only those added by others. This is mildly interesting at first, but when you realise that a lot of people using Delicious are programmers and their bookmarks are for various techie sites the interest fades fast.
The My Delicious gadget, on the other hand, does what it says on the box and displays my latest bookmarks (or those from my network). Much better!
I've noticed that it does not display my private bookmarks, so I'll still have to use the full-fat version of Delicious if I need to find one of these.
I'm quite happy with my iGoogle page now, and think I will try using it at work as well as at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment